When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

After Oa Soak

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Schwinn lover

Wore out three sets of tires already!
What is the best way to finish rims & fenders after a oxalic acid soak ? my rims look gray would chrome polish do it?

1 tablespoon per gallon used a small plastic pool like some show on this site 24 gallons put in 20 tablespoons ,,, thought is was fine for starters

Comes off easy with elbow grease and 000. Had the same issue recently. I may have left overnight. Ha!

From my experience it seems you dont necessarily need to keep a 1 to 1 ratio on the OA to water for larger volumes as you would for small volumes. I think 10tbls of OA would have been fine for 25 gallons of water. Also hot water works wonders, as well as periodic scrubbing of the parts with a scrub brush. Strong, small, short soaks I have found work best for me. Soap water and a scrub brush to finish immediately after the soak.

Back