When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Airflyte Huffman question

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
M

mommawho

Hi, my son has an old Airflyte made by the Huffman Co. in Dayton. We have tried to find some info, but there doesn't seem to be alot out there. If anyone has any info about this bike we would appreciate it. Thanks

alistair012-1.jpg

alistair011-1.jpg

nice bike!!! we do have some information but Im not the expert on daytons, I believe that would be 37fleetwood. would your son be willing to sell it I've been looking for a dayton to add to my collection

Last edited:
Thanks. I doubt he would sell. He has a growing collection of bikes and is fixing this one up to ride. He just wants to know what kind of bike it is.

Yes, I know its a dayton huffman, I was wondering if anyone knew what year or anything.
As to whether or not he'd trade or sell, what would you trade?

HI, definitely a great bike! Don't let anyone talk you out of it. that frame style came out in 1948. yours is definitely right around there. in the early '50s they changed the rack, tank,springer and went to the "fitsooner" frame which didn't have a seat post binder they used a wedge like used on the stem to tighten the seat post. it allowed your kid to fit the 26" bike sooner since the seat could be lowered farther. I have a bike similar to yours and a fitsooner type. ask if you have any questions.
Scott:cool:

Back