When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

All my old bike friends back

-
I wish I could have met TonyD. He seemed like a heck of a guy. Heck there's folks on here that I would love to visit, ride with, meet in person. But it probably won't happen. It's important to appreciate the great bike friends that you have around you and those that you/them are able to take the time to go out of the way to meet in person and enjoy the hobby with. For those you couldn't meet in person at least you were blessed to share messages and thoughts and conversations with them about things you both enjoyed or that mattered to you. Old bikes often being just another one of those things.

I have only been on here a short while and the first person I interacted with and he even bought some parts from me was finishing up his build while battling cancer. I last heard from usarnie1 at the end of January and nothing beyond that with a couple attempts to contact him. I fear the worst. I really feel for you guys who have been together a long time. I'm glad to be part of this community always hurts to lose family and friends and its worse when it is sudden. Best to keep a head and heart full of good memories. Just know that they are content and happy and we are the ones waiting to see them again. You will see them again and it will only seem like a short time that you were apart.

So I been doing this about 30 years now i think of myself as second or third generation. Last nite about 8:30 i was sleeping through the basketball game and i got a phone call regarding Paul. It was Mike Fitszsimmons we talked before the last ML shop event and I wanted him to come for Harvey’s dinner. Does not travel anymore. Wife is in a home. He is 85 had Covid was ill all year just floored by Pauls death. We talked for three hours about old times he remembered my chiuahua Airflow , Copake Mike Fallon the dinners we had there, these boys loved my girl friend Sue, his trips to California my bike museum and bbq restaurant and out to Marina with me. Motorcycles, bikes, and all the guys. Castelli, Larry Jerry Barbara Sandy Lisa and Harv that kept us all together at ML, Don and Edna , Mike Spanky Spangler, Paul Kam, JR Plank,Harry Ward, Pat Cafarro ( no K after 30 years i remember) Sam Fitzsimmons, Mark Mattei, Ed Druscus, Ed Boros, Jerry Williamson, The Hern’s bros, the Dayton Gang, Sam Dickenson, Dale V, Scott the cabe, Perrysburg and GrandcRapids ML store, Toledo the strippers, the Ann Arbor shows, our good friend Don Vaughn and most of all how much Paul was the guy that just made this our family. Stinky the van the Texas Steak House Dinners Red Roof Inn and Vaughns birthday bash for Harry. Amazing 3000 miles apart much farther than a bunch old farts could ever ride on a bike but at the end of the call we said our goodbyes how and much we loved each other. He said to me I might be the last and oldest living bike guy from our time, I be planning a trip when this is over to go see him ....... not waiting for no party in the sky

So I been doing this about 30 years now i think of myself as second or third generation. Last nite about 8:30 i was sleeping through the basketball game and i got a phone call regarding Paul. It was Mike Fitszsimmons we talked before the last ML shop event and I wanted him to come for Harvey’s dinner. Does not travel anymore. Wife is in a home. He is 85 had Covid was ill all year just floored by Pauls death. We talked for three hours about old times he remembered my chiuahua Airflow , Copake Mike Fallon the dinners we had there, these boys loved my girl friend Sue, his trips to California my bike museum and bbq restaurant and out to Marina with me. Motorcycles, bikes, and all the guys. Castelli, Larry Jerry Barbara Sandy Lisa and Harv that kept us all together at ML, Don and Edna , Mike Spanky Spangler, Paul Kam, JR Plank,Harry Ward, Pat Cafarro ( no K after 30 years i remember) Sam Fitzsimmons, Mark Mattei, Ed Druscus, Ed Boros, Jerry Williamson, The Hern’s bros, the Dayton Gang, Sam Dickenson, Dale V, Scott the cabe, Perrysburg and GrandcRapids ML store, Toledo the strippers, the Ann Arbor shows, our good friend Don Vaughn and most of all how much Paul was the guy that just made this our family. Stinky the van the Texas Steak House Dinners Red Roof Inn and Vaughns birthday bash for Harry. Amazing 3000 miles apart much farther than a bunch old farts could ever ride on a bike but at the end of the call we said our goodbyes how and much we loved each other. He said to me I might be the last and oldest living bike guy from our time, I be planning a trip when this is over to go see him ....... not waiting for no party in the sky

Mike Fitz....one of the best! did alot for the bike hobby....glad he made it through Covid...
a buddy of mine in Long island keeps in touch with him regularly

Back