When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aluminum Mag ID help

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Balloontyre

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Does anyone recognize these? Bendix 76 coaster mag set no markings on inside or outside of rims that I can see. The hub shell casing has sort of a beer keg shape
Thanks for the help.

Been searching for 37 minutes man, I am trying. I think I have or had one myself.
So far here is where I am on BMX Society, around 10 years ago one popped up with the same tire and the same question. No answer then either but that doesn't mean anything.
Photo below

This photo was posted as unknown.

Checking one more possibility now.

Got something. These were on early Wards Open Road BMX bikes, I found a photo to low resolution to blow up from 1978.
I used that to search Wards Open Road BMX and found these.

I still don't have a brand but I can check other places if that is needed.
Let me know, I have been building, riding and restoring bikes, mostly Stingray and 1970s BMX since 1974 when I was in High School.
I like challenges and having rhe correct answer even when it hurts.
Rob

Huffy made these and other bikes for Montgomery Ward in the 1970s/1980s. I do not see these mags on any matching Huffy bikes I found on BMX Museum.
I am a member there as well as on RatRodBikes. Same name everywhere bicycle related, I have no reason to do differently.
I do see that they only used these wheels for a couple years, they may have been a spinoff of the Dan Gurney Eagle mags
The Wards catalog page says they are exclusive, so nobody else probably used them.
I am willing to help on any bikes you do not already know about if you want to save my info.
Hope this helps.
Rob

Back