When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aluminum steerhorn bar straightening service needed.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
download-1.jpg

Yee!..sh! Yeah, it might be cheaper to have a new set fabbed than that set repaired. I wouldn't want to think about the charge for re-heat treating a part of that size. Kink being in the bend, the only way I can imagine making it round and uniform again is by annealing, inserting a rod(guessing 5/8"ish since aluminum), straightening original bend and pushing out inward kinks, maybe put a 7/8" clamp around it too, fill with sand and then rebend original angle, and finish with heat treatment.

@fordmike65 It looks repairable, but cost prohibitive. What does an identical unmanaged handlebar cost?
No idea, but I know aluminum steerhorns are tough to find. Honestly they look worse than they really are. I'll probably just ride them as-is until a set of straight pull alum bars pop up, which are actually what this bike should have. I've seen a couple offered for sale in the past.

No idea, but I know aluminum steerhorns are tough to find. Honestly they look worse than they really are. I'll probably just ride them as-is until a set of straight pull alum bars pop up, which are actually what this bike should have. I've seen a couple offered for sale in the past.
Yeah, they'd look better on a beat up Silverking. I've got one with straight pulls that I've been thinking of parting back out. PM if interested.

Back