When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aluminum-top early style Delta Winner... how common?

-

lgrinnings

I live for the CABE
Howdy folks-

There’s a ton of stuff I’ve never seen, and this certainly qualifies. It’s an early style plain-top Delta Winner light with the screw in the back, but the top is aluminum. I did some searches and didn’t come up with anything, so I figured I’d throw it out there and ask, how common are these?

Okay, so I'm going to assume that these aren't common. Has anyone seen another? There have to be others out there, right?

-Lester

I could be wrong, but didn't that DELTA script show up on Postwar toploader torpedos? I've never seen it on a Winner. Hmmm...

I could be wrong, but didn't that DELTA script show up on Postwar toploader torpedos? I've never seen it on a Winner. Hmmm...
You're certainly not wrong Mike. That's why I was surprised that it was the older style with the screw, but I guess it follows that the aluminum wouldn't be robust enough to support the spring mechanism riveted to the top for closure on later steel Winners. Thus the screw closure. Still weird though.

Back