When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Alvin Drysdale Oscar Egg Derailleur

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
What kind of pedals would these bikes have come with? These 9/16 post Torrington are what the op removed from this bike.
F7CE7081-CBE6-43F2-80A2-46CFE0786B2F.jpeg

66DE6937-5002-4093-9AF7-05BDBD2E913E.jpeg

D78A2700-CA7C-4E3A-B504-0E7CEEB09CF0.jpeg

I don't know what pedals Drysdale would have put on the bike if he didn't have a customer in mind, but I think for most bike sales he would have consulted with the buyer. A serious cyclist of those days --and any time until pretty recently-- would have used toe clips and straps-- and these Torrington pedals would not work with that. But if he wanted block pedals, the Torringtons would have been a good choice.

Frankly, I wouldn't worry about what the bike came with originally; I think it could have come with these, or the buyer could have changed them long ago... and it certainly came to you with these... good enough for me!

Well, I’ve been lucky enough to get my hands on this beautiful bike to revive it to its former glory. Pretty proud of what I was able to accomplish. This really is a special bike!! The owner picked it up this morning...another happy customer!! @Dweber
8E8482D6-FFB5-48F3-83D9-262BF1444916.jpeg

624FE562-E38B-4D5B-8476-F2BEF10A8A90.jpeg

Back