When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Alvin Drysdale Red Devil

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Thank you fat tire trader. You're right, using that Williams date code it would make it a 1939. That sounds about right from what I remember talking to the grandson. I emailed him a picture of the bike cleaned up and asked for the date again and any pictures he can find.

these 20s 30s racers don't get the love, I think they should, it's among my favorite era. just a little bump on this post. I mean come on look, comment, this is an exceptional bike
You're so right, fantastic era of racing and wonderful bikes.
I am never disappointed when I get the chance to ride something like this. Lightweight, fast, responsive; a real joy to use, and admire!

I put a couple more pics of this bike with a 1939 Paramount that I have in the General Discussions thread. It's titled "A black bike and a white bike, two bikes". Check it outfit you like this one. Thanks for the nice comments. I got lucky, but they are still out there. Happy hunting and then riding.

-----

Thank you so much for sharing this outstanding find with the forum 😃

Phillips pedals appear to be the Grand Vitesse Nr. 49 model -

[they enjoyed a moderately longish production life and one can sometimes detect minor differences from example to example]

-----

Last edited:
-----

thanks very much for sharing these listings

had never known that DBS maintained a New York office at one time

Alvin retired in 1967

-----

I've always looked for the "White flyer" or the "Drysdale Special" model with no luck.

I'm sure everyone has seen these ads >

View attachment 1505269
I don’t know if this a White Flyer or not, but it is one of his upper level bikes. Lugs look similar to a Red Devil, Chater Lea chainset, block chain, adjustable track stem, looks like low flange Airlite hubs, a real racer with known provenance. If I had room for one more bike…

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1920s-Alvi...iptooth-Track-/274852861229?campid=5335809022

Back