When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Alvin Drysdale Red Devil

-
Fantastic Red Devil, a great find! Thanks also to juvela, for the Phillips vitesse pedal info. Some pairs have slightly longer/shorter axle lengths, also some different end caps used throughout production. The thing I find interesting, is the infamous Raleigh 501 pedals apears to be a VERY close, nearly, identical copy. Only cheaper, as the Phillips pedal has turned bar stock barrel , where the 501 is stamped/tube stuff, etc. I mention only beacuse the 501 cage COULD likely be used to rebuild a set of Vitisse, if you have a beat up pair with good centers, and you like saving stuff like that. (I do!)

When I was young road rider and knew nothing, I bought a used "24" track bike for my son.
It was a Drysdale in very worn grey paint. I sprayed it orange.
I remember trying to drop my son on a training ride, just gradually increasing the pace.
When I looked back he was tucked onto my wheel, and his legs were a blur.
Sold it cheap when he got too big. Later he was a state cross country champ.

Back