When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Am I Crazy to Use This Vintage Bike as Yard Art?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

AllisonB

On Training Wheels
Hi folks. I bought an old bike with a handle-bar basket at an estate sale on Friday for the sole purpose of using it in my garden as yard art. I imagined this well-worn transportation soldier standing in one of my flower beds with trailing Lantana spilling out of the basket. Then, I noticed the badge; Western Auto - Western Flyer Supply Company - Made in Western Germany. I managed to locate the Serial Number, but can't find a Model Number or model name. I'm wondering if someone can help this neophyte to decide whether using this as garden art is completely acceptable or is it a heinous act of sacrilegious ignorance? The Serial number is 2256010 ...HOWEVER, the "1" at the end doesn't really look like a "1" (looks more like an arrow) and it doesn't align with the other numbers. I am attaching photos. Thanks in advance for any info/help/advice you awesome experts can extend.
IMG_0623.JPG
IMG_0624.JPG
IMG_0634.JPG
IMG_0640 copy.jpg
IMG_0623.JPG

Good idea.
I bought this import bike of Craigslist for $20 for the chrome rims and new tires that were on it. Had the baskets from a couple of other bikes. It was too new to have any patina so a couple of cans of white paint took care of that. My wife has different flowers for the different seasons.

IMG_20190615_130243880.jpg

Back