When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Am I missing something (late model Schwinn)?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

tacochris

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
How is this bike getting so many bids at this starting price?
I dont do anything past 1960 so maybe its just not my thing but it looks like a super late model bike.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...0001&campid=5335809022&icep_item=184663832732

I just noticed the starting price was 199 but 13 bids on a bike I probably wouldnt look at twice just startled me I guess. I sound like a vintage snob but Im really just curious.

Last edited:
How is this bike getting so many bids at this starting price?

Take a close look it is a very clean cruiser ,quite nice paint. A real Chicago Schwinn is always in demand especially one set up with front and rear break capabilities. That being said it will sell for more then it is worth. Some people do not realize there are other venues to buy vintage bikes. I want one of those but I will wait and it will come to me.

Take a close look it is a very clean cruiser ,quite nice paint. A real Chicago Schwinn is always in demand especially one set up with front and rear break capabilities. That being said it will sell for more then it is worth. Some people do not realize there are other venues to buy vintage bikes. I want one of those but I will wait and it will come to me.
I guess Im kinda spoiled then and have just become jaded to the "market". ....or maybe I dont have many friends who are newbies to the scene. I saw the 80's ACS hubs but I have a set of those I nearly had to give away so that couldnt be it.

I could just think of alot nicer (older) bikes to buy for nearly 400 bucks! haha .....for $100 more, there is a really beautiful survivor tank-model Hornet for sale local to me.

I think my observations make me sound like a bike snob.

No snobbery, you call it like you see it. Different places have better selection. I wish they went unsold around here. Feebay is Always going to be overpriced, you get people bidding on objects they have never seen in person and fear they never will. Panic buying kinda, I do it with doughnuts and ice cream all the time haha

I guess Im kinda spoiled then and have just become jaded to the "market". ....or maybe I dont have many friends who are newbies to the scene. I saw the 80's ACS hubs but I have a set of those I nearly had to give away so that couldnt be it.

I could just think of alot nicer (older) bikes to buy for nearly 400 bucks! haha .....for $100 more, there is a really beautiful survivor tank-model Hornet for sale local to me.
I could get real interested in a beautiful survivor tank Hornet, especially if it's a DeLuxe, in that price range. Could yoi PM me the info on it? Thanks

Back