When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Am I READING this correctly? Could this be STANDARD?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

fat tire trader

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Hello,
I traded a 1936 Schwinn frame with a locking fork and a Excelsior badge for this frame yesterday.

reading_1-1.jpg

So far the only bikes that I have found pictures of that have a brace like this are Reading Standards.

1914_reading-1.jpg

I have also read that Reading was acquired by the Great Western MFG. Co. I don't know what year. Can anyone confirm that this is a Reading?

reading_2-1.jpg

Does anyone know of another company that made a frame with a brace like this? I read in one of the threads that Dayton may have made a frame with a similar brace in 1910.

reading_3-1.jpg

The fork is bent so gracefully. Is it possible that it was designed this way? Or is it gracefully damaged?

Some of you may have seen this at a swap meet recently. I got it from a Flipper.

Thanks,
Chris

[video=youtube_share;kJCKwqyR7KY]http://youtu.be/kJCKwqyR7KY[/video]

Last edited:
I have since purchased a complete Reading Standard and sold the frame to a friend. I'll share some photos of my new bike soon.

reading_standard_1920.PNG

1) I have no idea what that frame is, but it's awesome.

2) Thanks for posting that Flipper song...I haven't heard it in ages! I saw them at Mabuhay Gardens in San Francisco back in '83, but that's a different story...

Back