When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Am I READING this correctly? Could this be STANDARD?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Now that I see the crankset was added at some point, would it be correct? Or would a Fauber set up like this bike be more appropriate?

https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/crown-great-western-mfr-co.64110/#post-802031
13866092373_23f54a38fa_o-1-jpg.jpg

Gracefully damaged...I received it partially repaired. My buddy Steve got it back almost perfect after some coercing with a torch. Needs a lil paint touch up & patina to match the rest.

Update on this frame. Still not sure whether it is a Reading or Great Western. All I know is that it's badass. Leaving the crankset that is on it for now unless it's proven incorrect. Swapped in a set of Velocity Blunts/Corbin 2spd, looooong stem & Tillers to get it on the road again. Steve did such a great job straightening out the severely bent fork I was able to ride it no-hands for a bit at this weekends' ride. @Velocipedist Co.
1546277257794.png

1546277366365.png

1546277396311.png

Last edited:
What badge was attached? I believe that the 6-petal Emblem sprocket would go best with an Emblem badge. Emblem may have had the side holes for badges. I have seen GWM ads on this site that described the 8-point snowflake sprocket as an R.S. design. GWM may have had the vertical holes for badges.
Mead (or Premier) offered a “circle bar” feature and had the side badge holes, but often used Mead chain rings.

Last edited:
What badge was attached? I believe that the 6-petal Emblem sprocket would go best with an Emblem badge. Emblem may have had the side holes for badges. I have seen GWM ads on this site that described the 8-point snowflake sprocket as an R.S. design. GWM may have had the vertical holes for badges.
Mead (or Premier) offered a “circle bar” feature and had the side badge holes, but often used Mead chain rings.
Going by the OP's pics above, I don't believe this frame ever had a badge. Unfortunately, it looks like someone took it upon themselves to drill holes & attach a badge. Kinda bummed...tho it is a nice badge. The damage is done, so I'll leave it & patina the screws a bit to match. Pics to come later...

Back