When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Am I too fat for this bike????

-
Resurrecting an old thread.... is there any adjustment that can be made on a Higgins beehive springer front end? My wife's 1950 JC Higgins has this springer but it seems to bottom out very easy on the front stops. Seems like there would be some type of tension adjustment but I don't see anything.

Thanks

My wife's springer doesn't bottom out on the tire, but the rockers bottom out on the fork. Seen here:

Maybe I have the rockers setup incorrectly or maybe these are not the correct JC Higgins Rockers as they look different than a pair for sale:

Last edited:
A valve spring off a V-8 car engine should fit inside the beehive spring and they are pretty stiff.

Murray used different type rockers on the 60's springers and I've noticed rockers on the early Beehive springers are slightly different than the Murray Mercury/ X53 springers. This is why I hate buying springers sold separately from a bike. Sometimes you get a "made up" job, that looks good, but works like crap because it's been just slapped together.

Back