When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Survivor Victor Straight Pull Wheel- Must See!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Jesse McCauley

McCauley Cycle Works
This wheel is as sexy a survivor front wheel as you could ask for. Early to mid 1890's, amazing original nickel plating, straight pull spokes are strong and nipples turn.
28" wood hoop spins true and is very strong. Tiny separation at one side of finger joint but easy fix.
You won't see another solo straight pull wheel of this caliber offered again anytime soon I'm sure.

To add a bit of oddity, notice the offset nature of one side of the race, the axle is not offset, just the way the race was cast.

I've been reaching out to folks to ask after a couple straight pull front hubs/wheels I need so I thought I would offer this for the right trade only for now.
I'm looking for a "Porcupine" style front hub AND a slotted straight pull Pope front hub as well.

Please PM with any offers, please feel free to provide any insights though publicly.

60b36320997d39c5849a7fed0de85a8f.jpg

c931085542da1e9eeed22f121ab12491.jpg

56bc0cb95f3e1109fad1695e8e90aec8.jpg

446d658feff23c119be825a78f995988.jpg

e83aacec0f9c2152442362de7fd67a20.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This could be a "BARNES" hub for 1900 when they came out with this new style. It's awful close!!

Hmmm you don't happen to have some catalog info for that 1900 Barnes do you?
I would be surprised only because I've owned a few of those Victor hubs from around 1895 and this is right on, that said I've been wrong before!

Last edited:
There was a 1900 catalogue that was sold out of Copake auction a couple yrs ago and I haven't been able to track it down.

I have a photo of an original Barnes showing this hub and also some write ups about the new hub for Barnes and
its new straight pull hub version. I compared the photo with your hub and it seems to me it's about 99% the same hub.

I have seen other bikes with this hub but can't remember which ones they were. I would need to research my archives for this.

I believe you're right about the Victor having the same style as well.

i wiz told that spaulding and victor both used these type of hubs they were made in New York state for a couple of years ,i could use this wheel but do not have what you need for your bikes sorry

Better.

This hub/wheel is still available, I can't attest to the originality of the lacing on this wheel, the spokes do appear to be the conical head vs full ball end but they seat completely in the hub.

Nonetheless a very fine condition wheel for use as is or for re-building onto a new hoop.

Back