When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AMC Flash bicycle information

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Nashman

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Good day, eh? A friend of mine has an AMC FLASH badged bicycle. We were hoping some Cabe member could help identify it's origin ( looks Schwinn to me) and if there was a tank available, and the approximate year of the bike. He is on kinda a tight budget, and I've helped him with a few accessories to dress it up. It is mostly a Custom bike, so the Custom theme has no rules, but he has wondered about a tank. Tanks for your help...groan...ha!!

IMG_0453.JPG

IMG_0451.JPG

IMG_0452.JPG

The badge has a train and a car on it for sure....I forget if there is a plane and frankly I can't see well enough in this pic/never looked close when I took it either! Ha!

Last edited:
Can we get a close-up of the fender light? Looks like a DX frame, so there are tanks around, but I think 1953 was the last year for the DX style.

Can we get a close-up of the fender light? Looks like a DX frame, so there are tanks around, but I think 1953 was the last year for the DX style.
Wow...thanks. That was fast. It's an old repaint of course. The fender light?? ( the bike is at my buddies place across town/he's worse with a camera and technology than me too...) but if I remember, the fenderlight is made in Japan, and just an add on he bought at an antique store. It is kinda cool though!! Sorry, but these are the only pics I have right now.

IMG_0450.JPG

I have an AMC Caravan. AMC was the "associated merchandising company", sort of a buying club for smaller department stores. Your bike was made by a regular bike manufacturer and sold by various AMC affiliates. MIne was made by Murray. I was able to use the Murray Serial Number Project here on the CABE to identify the year

Here's a picture of my Caravan and a couple of other pictures that I found by Googling. You can pretty much tell that this bike is a Murray product. If yours was built by Schwinn, you'll find out soon enough when you go to the hardware store for nuts or bolts. Schwinn had some proprietary thread sizes which you can't find on just any street corner.
This one is mine: after
20170522_143426.jpg
Before:
AMC bicycle 2.JPG

AMC Bicycle 1.JPG

From Google images:

AMC Caravan - purple right side.jpg
I Googled "AMC bicycle" and clicked on the images tab. There's a slew of them out there for viewing.

https://www.google.com/search?q=amc..._s7kAhUKXKwKHZHDAbcQ_AUIFCgD&biw=1440&bih=789

Here's a picture of my Caravan and a couple of other pictures that I found by Googling. You can pretty much tell that this bike is a Murray product. If yours was built by Schwinn, you'll find out soon enough when you go to the hardware store for nuts or bolts. Schwinn had some proprietary thread sizes which you can't find on just any street corner.
This one is mine: after
View attachment 1062894Before:
View attachment 1062896

View attachment 1062898

From Google images:

View attachment 1062897
I Googled "AMC bicycle" and clicked on the images tab. There's a slew of them out there for viewing.

https://www.google.com/search?q=amc..._s7kAhUKXKwKHZHDAbcQ_AUIFCgD&biw=1440&bih=789
Nice....Thanks!

Back