When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

American Deluxe

-

Ernbar

I live for the CABE
Came across an American Deluxe men’s bike that looks pretty good. The chrome fenders and tank look good as does the original Schwinn “S” seat. Handle bars, rear carrier and grips look good too. Tires also look in good shape but the front fender light is missing. Paint looks good and original with good graphics on the chain guard. Asking price is $175. I figured tops $140?
Is the front light expensive and hard to find?

Last edited:
Here are a couple of pictures
72A668EB-868F-4293-AE28-F841C448355B.png

7CA4D11B-AA5F-4CA0-8A2D-62CD177EFB87.png

Around this neck of the woods, you can buy that bike in that condition for around $75 - $100. A front fender light of that era shouldn't be too much. A working horn should be taken into consideration when discussing price.

Get the serial number off the left rear dropout and determine the year. Then Google "Schwinn American" and find a catalog for that year. Compare what you have to what's pictured. Check ebay or the CABE classifieds to figure out what it will cost for what you're missing.

Probably my favorite bike to ride! The rear reflector is missing but that's the only part. I need to get the chain guard repainted, so the "Schwinn American Deluxe" shows up too.

American Deluxe are wonderful bikes to ride. I think that you'll enjoy yours.

Personally.....I'd pay the $175 if needed. The tank and horn is easily $100. S7 wheels and tires $50. Frame, guard, forks $100. Seat, cranks, stem, bars , grips, bearings, headbadge , post, clamp $75

i think the price on bikes might have somthing to do with the location,where im from rhere is a somewhat short riding season and ppl not willing to spend much on bikes,that bike would prolly stay listed here for $75.00

Back