When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

American Flyer bicycle- need some info please

-

genesmachines

Finally riding a big boys bike
I got this recently and would like some info on it like year, who made it for flyer, is there much interest in this brand- I don't find many on this site. It looks to be original in my limited knowledge. I sanded off the serial number and didn't find a different color under the red but there is over spray on the fender braces. The western auto tires sidewalls are very cracked, is there any way to save them? Luckily it had been hanging so tire aren't too bad. Serial # is X44249. I didn't remove the rear Delta light but did the front, it looks like they may have been powered by something other than a battery in them, any ideas? Thanks much for any help, Gene

aflyr1.JPG

aflyr2.JPG

aflyr3.JPG

aflyr4.JPG

aflyr5.JPG

aflyr6.JPG

Machine green is a paint color still made today, a plain green for machinery, I guess. I recall many years ago, that it was one of the few economical colors available for do-it-yourself spray paint projects.

Back