When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

American Flyer

-

TheFizzer

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I bought this from a cabe member. Any idea of year?

35052167_1833736806677055_3213511706441416704_n.jpg

I don't know where Dan originally got that bike, but I bought it from him at one point and he told me 1929 is what he was told when he bought it.
I owned it for a little while, then he got it back from me as part of a trade.
Then I bought it back from him last year.
Then I sold it back to him this year.
I never verified if 1929 was accurate. But that thing rides nice and is in nice shape for it's age!

Looks to have the larger 3" spacing between the top tubes.
My Snyder-built bikes with that feature are 26" balloon bikes, presumed to be 1934 and 1936 - just because the serial "numbers" start with 4 and 6.
Perhaps the style was discontinued with the mid-30's streamlining.
I believe Snyder started their streamlining in the top tubes, (e.g., Zeppelin; long tanks); and went to a curved down tube in 1942.

Last edited:
I don't know where Dan originally got that bike, but I bought it from him at one point and he told me 1929 is what he was told when he bought it.
I owned it for a little while, then he got it back from me as part of a trade.
Then I bought it back from him last year.
Then I sold it back to him this year.
I never verified if 1929 was accurate. But that thing rides nice and is in nice shape for it's age!
It would appear as long as you are friends with Dan, this bike is a good investment:sunglasses:

Back