When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

American

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
ok do you know if the later ones with the long style reflector are wider

maybe i’m just better off going with the ones i have that are ballon and then buy the rivets to make them look cleaner and then drill the reflector hole

View attachment 1600966
Those are the later skinny fenders no dimples where it meets the frame. I'm almost certain they will not fit a balloon tire. I think the last dimpled middleweight fenders were early "60s not exactly sure. That reflector is late '70s maybe even early '80s

1965 has the narrower fenders and I too am pretty sure 26x2.125 on S2 wont fit. You might get away with 26x2x1-3/4 extra-wide S7 tires on S7 rims if you true up the wheels real good. You would have to pay close attention to chain length, axle position, etc and might have to give a fender brace a slight tweak here and there. It would probably work, but I am not sure.

My 61 Speedster had some Wald fenders on it that were narrow like 65 fenders, and I just took them off rather than messing around with it.

Great looking bike. I have a couple of Americans, both of which look like yours. I bought a 3rd one last year, a 1964, from the original owner. It was a rust bucket that I bought ($30) just for the kick back coaster brake. But it was one of the few that still had the front rack and headlight. The body for the lamp had been destroyed by battery acid and the rack was a total rust bucket. Why is it that so many Americans, as well as others, are missing the lights and racks?

Back