When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AMF Barn Find

-
The cleanups coming along pretty good. I've ordered some NOS tires for it. I was wondering if anyone knew if the back Fender was a Wald or what? Didn't know if it had a certain part number that anybody knew about. Also I'm missing the front brake I'm not sure what brand it is. If anyone has any info please let me know. Thanks

The cleanups coming along pretty good. I've ordered some NOS tires for it. I was wondering if anyone knew if the back Fender was a Wald or what? Didn't know if it had a certain part number that anybody knew about. Also I'm missing the front brake I'm not sure what brand it is. If anyone has any info please let me know. Thanks
i don't know about the fenders and on the brakes i couldn't find a name on mine but it has some type of a symbol i took a pic of it

876A000F-CBFE-4168-8B62-5396ACC87E17.jpeg

Thanks for the photo of the brakes. I would definitely be interested in the back fender. Just let me know if you want to sell it. This is a awesome site. Seems like a great bunch of people on here.

20180922_171922.jpg

It's coming along pretty good. I was able to get quite a bit of the rust off. I do have a problem with the back rim. It's warped pretty good. Anybody have any suggestions on the route to go with the warped rim?

I think the metal rim is bent. Its pretty bad. Its so warped that when you roll the tire it will hit the frame. Is it best to just get a new outer rim or try to find an old one? Is it best to have a bike shop fix it or is it something that you can do yourself? Thanks

I have an old bike where the rear wheel was so far out it hit the frame (chain stay) on one side. A couple of days ago, with my trusty Park "0" wrench, I was able to straighten it to an acceptable condition without even removing the tire. I am absolutely not an expert at this type of work, but I've done it before. The one I speak of is the worst I've fixed, and I honestly thought I'd need to break down the wheel and bend it back to shape before I could get it true. According to Sheldon Brown, a novice will likely do more harm than good by trying to correct with spoke tension. But I can attest that an experienced bike mechanic should be able to fix your wheel, and probably for less than replacing the rim. Again, I consider myself a novice, albeit perhaps a lucky one.

Fantastic bike, by the way. I hope your son does rock this on Campus. And I hope my kids follow suit. My toddler already has an old Hedstrom trike with double white pinstripe tires (probably early '70s, and an early '80s Ertl pedal tractor...

Back