When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AMF Firestone Speed Chief year?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
The tank looks good on the outside. View attachment 1204470
But had 60+ years of rust on the inside.
View attachment 1204471
Wire wheels and scotch brite removed the rust.
View attachment 1204472
Then I brushed a coat of shellac on to seal it.
View attachment 1204473
Worked on smoothing the dents out of the tank and front fender.
View attachment 1204474

Shellac? I never thought to use that for sealing the inside of a tank. Does that insulate from electrical current? I am asking because I think my clear coating of tanks has impeded various grounds over time. None of my tank lights, horns, or radios work anymore.

Shellac? I never thought to use that for sealing the inside of a tank. Does that insulate from electrical current? I am asking because I think my clear coating of tanks has impeded various grounds over time. None of my tank lights, horns, or radios work anymore.
It does insulate, I think that is what is used on electric motor windings. But it sticks to anything, great as a top coat over decals too. I repaint singer sewing machines, put new decals on them and then spray shellac over them to protect them. That's what the singer factory did when they where new. Only bad thing about shellac is that alcohol will dissolve it.

Thanks for sharing this restore process. I learned tons from this and as you can see I have my hands full, if I start on this one.
What was your method for cleaning and shining the 'green' painted pieces? Any advice on a seat restore?
Can't wait to see the final pictures...

My newest purchase...

Thanks for sharing this restore process. I learned tons from this and as you can see I have my hands full, if I start on this one.
What was your method for cleaning and shining the 'green' painted pieces? Any advice on a seat restore?
Can't wait to see the final pictures... View attachment 1322957

My newest purchase...
Nice bike! Do you know who made it? Maybe Monark?

Back