When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amf Hercules Nottingham, England.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
this is from my birthday year
1900_gts_zagato.jpg

Still if anyone could give a ball park figure on value it would be appreciated. I may keep them for my wife and I but that will largely be based on value.

I'd have a tough time getting more than $150 for the pair where I am at but in a metropolitan area you may do better. V/r Shawn

I see matched pairs of 60's - 70's English bicycles in the Chicago Craigslist fairly often. Usually the asking price is $250 - $300 for the pair. They tend to stay on the market a long time before they are either sold or withdrawn.

I have a girl's Huffy that is similar. I tuned it up and made it all ready for my wife to ride. She won't ride it, it won't sell for the $100 or less I have on it so I'm thinking of parting it out for one of my other projects. Must be an Iowa thing, but these don't seem to bring much interest or value around here. Not sure why. I really like them and they are great riders.

I picked up a very nice condition Hercules Badged AMF with a SA Date of 1975 for $75 from my local Craigs List. I jumped right on that one because it was so clean and so cheap. Plus I had two 1950s Hercules 3 Speeds when I was a kid (nostalgia). It takes a lot more energy to get a 60 pound classic rolling. The lightweights are great for zipping around and with the internal 3 speed maintenance is practically non-existent. KEEP THEM!!!

Customize the gear ratio and it's great. The 18 tooth rear cog was a key mistake on these bikes. They should have come with a 20 or a 22 by default.

http://bikeshedva.blogspot.com/p/blog-page_17.html

I picked up a very nice condition Hercules Badged AMF with a SA Date of 1975 for $75 from my local Craigs List. I jumped right on that one because it was so clean and so cheap. Plus I had two 1950s Hercules 3 Speeds when I was a kid (nostalgia). It takes a lot more energy to get a 60 pound classic rolling. The lightweights are great for zipping around and with the internal 3 speed maintenance is practically non-existent. KEEP THEM!!!

Your bikes were made by Raleigh, and are really just Raleigh Sports with different racks and decals. Yours are in pretty great condition! There's plenty of interest (though not major money) in Raleigh 3-speeds, especially in East Coast college towns. Check out the Facebook groups "Vintage British Three Speeds" and "The Raleigh Bicycle Nottingham" for more expertise. There's also a very long thread on bikeforums, http://www.bikeforums.net/classic-vintage/623699-love-english-3-speeds.html.

Back