When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AMF Junior Fixer Upper

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

shekitty35

On Training Wheels
I got this trycicle years ago and forgot I even had it hanging in the garage. I was thinking about cleaning it up for the grand kids but see its missing a pedal. While I was browsing online to see If I could find some, I found your site and was wondering if you could give me some more info on this trike. It's a big , dual deck AMF Junior according to what's left of the sticker standing about 29 inches tall, front wheel is almost 20" Any idea what year it was manufactured and an approximate value? Is it worth more in the current condition or restored, repainted? I also noticed the rear wheels turn out slightly. Is that they way they are made or is it bent? Can you tell me what size pedal it takes? I apologize for all the questions.

Thanks for any help you can give me.
Cindy

20200515_202812.jpg

Here's a page from a collector tricycle site that gives some information on AMF tricycles. https://www.tricyclefetish.com/amf_junior_tricycle_company/ Based on that site's head badge decal design dating, your tricycle dates to around late 1960s. Those slip on plastic pedals can be found on ebay. Just measure the diameter of the pedal crank and length, and check with the seller to make sure the ones listed will fit those dimensions. This model tricycle doesn't have a great deal of value (less than $50 IMO) so restoring it with a cleaning and repainting isn't going to hurt the original value any and will improve the appearance greatly. Actually, the tires still have a decent amount of tread left and should last a good while longer before needing replacement. Replacement AMF Junior decals are also available from different sources if you decide to strip and repaint it. It's possible the rear axle may not be true if it had some hard use causing the wheels to bow out a little. Hope that helps a bit.

If you restore it, please post some pics of it all fixed up. I always enjoy seeing people's efforts in fixing up older trikes.

Dave

Last edited:
Thank you. I'll fix it up then and give it to the grands to enjoy. I'm sure they'll get years of enjoyment out of it. Everything seems to work well especially now that I sprayed all the axles with liquid wrench and loosened it up.
Cindy

Back