When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AMF Moto Frame ?s

-
M

midwestkustomz

I make this a short story (lol).
I owned this bike since 1977.It has been repainted so many times since
1977.I stripped the frame/forks.Hoping to find the original color,no luck.

Does anyone know what seat would have been on this?

When i was a kid my uncle removed the original seat & put on a BMX style seat.If you look at the rear drop out,you will see 1 hole on each side.Kinda of like it might of had the Wide BMX box stlye seat with sissy bar??

Anyway,i have the "cast" or "magnesium mags" already repainted.They are Lester mags.if someone needs pics of the mags,i will post them.

Most of all,i just would like to find out what seat should be on it & what model
name it is.Any help would be great,thanks.
Oh yeah..VIN# is stamped on the head tube,"2425??93"

amfFrame-1.jpg

100_9317-1.jpg

AMFFRAME2-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is 1 of the original mags...maybe this will help....

Notice the "Lester" name stamped onto the mag.
100_9318-1.jpg

100_9319-1.jpg

This is the style of seat(first pic) that i think was originally on it(not for sure)because the entire time i rode the bike it had a "regular" style seat.(second pic)

MXSeat.gif

BMXSeat2.gif

seat

i have the seat that you think came on the bike but mine is on i believe a huffy frame [email protected]
SEATBMX-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
that bike did come with a regular single BMX seat on it. But I would think the "loaf" style saddle was an option as well. the same model was also sold in Sears stores as "the Screamer". it had a unique fork and handle bar arrangement that was all aluminum. I have a pair that I mounted on and old LRV Moxie. here are some pics I managed to gather while doing that project.

fork-2.jpg

notice the fork and bar peeking out on the right side of this pic?
fork-3.jpg

they looked like this.
DSCN1671.JPG

DSCN1667.JPG

More to come.

Some sales info for the Sears model Screamer.
78_sears_screamer_1.JPG

78_sears_screamer_2.JPG

The LRV Moxie monoshock I ended up using the fork and bars on. I had to fabricate the whole steer tube assembly to make it work.
moxie2.jpg

moxie4.jpg

I have 2 different sytles of lester mags in great shape for sale or trade. closed 5's and open 5's.

Back