When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AMF Prestige

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

DrZook

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Look what this cat dragged in...
I believe it is a 1974 AMF Prestige (Wald stem had a year code 74). I got it in an online auction and only paid $5 for it. I oiled the hub and put in a 3/16" ball bearing in the shifter (Shimano 333) and that now works fine. The rear brake cable is stuck--may need replacement. I'll need to straighten out the fender stays but at least the tires hold air. I thought it might be an AMF-Roadmaster when I was bidding on it but there is no reference at all saying this is a Roadmaster. I couldn't find any information about this model on the internet so if anyone here has anything on this bike I'd really like to hear it. Thanks in advance.

74 AMF Prestige I.jpg

74 AMF Prestige II.jpg

74 AMF Prestige III.jpg

74 AMF Prestige IV.jpg

74 AMF Prestige V.jpg

74 AMF Prestige VI.jpg

I think you mean fender braces! Not a collectible bike but for $5 should be a decent rider. V/r Shawn

I don't believe it's too high on the collectibility scale; after all it's an AMF with the BMA/6 sticker on it. It's certainly not like the Brit-bikes I'm used to. But there was a certain joy to picking up a barely functional bike and getting it functional with a little oil and a ball bearing. Had to bend the fender braces a little and the chainguard so they wouldn't scrape against the tires. All in all it has good 'bones'; the wheels seem pretty true and there's very little rust on it. It would indeed make for a good rider. That said I don't see it replacing my '54 Royce Union any time soon...

That's funny I got the exact bike last Thursday for 5 bucks. Yours is in much better shape. I had never seen one before now there popping up everywhere. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeesh! The world abounds in AMF's lately!

I would replace the fenders if you have spares laying around, they look really beat up in the pics, especially the rear.

Any way, it's an attractive bike. New fenders, some whitewalls, and she'll shine!

BMA/6 decals went from '71-'79. It's the same as one roadmaster branded, aside from decals and paint color. Prestige could have been a "store badge".

Back