When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amf Roadmaster flying falcon

-
This came up on EBay and I was the only bidder. It must be fate or something. And I was reading through the CWC Serial Number thread and they said AMF moved production from Cleveland to Little Rock in 1956. Is there an easy way to tell where this bike was made?

AMF FF - 1.jpg

AMF FF - 2.jpg

AMF FF - 4.jpg

AMF FF - 5.jpg

AMF FF - 6.jpg

AMF FF - 9.jpg

That makes sense, Thanks! Does anyone know when Weinmann went from the squared off brake lever housing to the more rounded style?

For Schwinn I believe it was during the 1957 model year, the 58's definitely had the new Weinmann levers.

For Schwinn I believe it was during the 1957 model year, the 58's definitely had the new Weinmann levers.
That sounds right. I know the '54 Jaguar had the older style, so they must have changed over on the early middleweights but I haven't seen enough to know the year.
Thanks!

Now that is a handsome AMF!

Bendix Aviation 2-Speed was out in the mid 1950's, and is definitely original to the bike.

Now that is a handsome AMF!

Bendix Aviation 2-Speed was out in the mid 1950's, and is definitely original to the bike.
Thank you sir!
And you're right about the two speed. I've been looking at old ads and it looks like they adopted the three speed for 1957, about the same time they moved production to Little Rock. If anyone has a 1957, I would like to see pictures!

After two years I believe I can finally date the original poster's bike as a 1958. I picked up the identical bike this summer and the Sturmey Archer hub on mine is dated "57 10" and the serial number on the left drop out starts with "H", followed by six numbers. On Phil Marshall's chart of CWC serial numbers, he notes that AMF bought Cleveland Welding in April 1951. If you take 1951 as "A", then 1958 works out to "H". And from the ads I've seen, in 1957 they were still using the straight bar frame, and in 1959 they changed the chain guard, so this was a one year style. The original colors of the head badge were blue and red, but the red on this one has completely faded out for some reason. Also the front caliper seems big compared to the fork. I suspect it was originally bought for the balloon tire version and AMF was using up old stock.

IMG_2645.JPG

IMG_2644.JPG

IMG_2647.JPG

IMG_2650.JPG

IMG_2653.JPG

IMG_2657.JPG

IMG_2659.JPG

IMG_2659_Cropped.jpg

IMG_2663.JPG

This came up on EBay and I was the only bidder. It must be fate or something. And I was reading through the CWC Serial Number thread and they said AMF moved production from Cleveland to Little Rock in 1956. Is there an easy way to tell where this bike was made?

View attachment 441102

View attachment 441103

View attachment 441104

View attachment 441105

View attachment 441106

View attachment 441107
And that move from Here in CLEVELAND Ohio to ARKANSAS. Was so (Bad & Sad) cause after (CwC) going down the hill. And sold. To the Chinese but the building Complex still exists. And it's located at (w.117 / Berea) Rd. Not to far from Me am I love everytime I drive bye.....:););)

Back