When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AMF Roadmaster Skyrider Deluxe - need YOP

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
@bikemonkey, I don't know if you've seen this or not, it's a serial number list for CWC bikes posted in another thread - https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/1938-y-frame-road-master-supreme-info.35915/page-7 - but it lists Roadmaster up until 1963. I believe the letter listed refers to the first letter of the serial number, which changed style after 1956. The list ends with "N" in 1963, but continuing in order, "U" would mean 1969 if they didn't use "O", which I believe they may have skipped because "I" is left out, probably because it could be confused with "1". (Schwinn did the same thing) If they did use "O", then that bike would date to 1970. I know 1970 was the last year Schwinn offered a tank bike (the Panther), but I don't know about Roadmaster.
Thanks so much - great info! Will check it out! Good to see ya and all of the HCers last week! :sunglasses:

I dug out my Evolution of the Bicycle Vol. 1, which has '57, '62, '63, and '65 AMF ads. The '57s show the '50s swirl chain ring, or the Shelby snowflake, the '62 ad also adds the tri spoke ring, as on the OP's Skyrider, and the star ring. The '63 ad just shows the tri spoke, and the '65 ads show the star ring as well as the snowflake! It's all pretty confusing. I think the star was first used around '59.

I dug out my Evolution of the Bicycle Vol. 1, which has '57, '62, '63, and '65 AMF ads. The '57s show the '50s swirl chain ring, or the Shelby snowflake, the '62 ad also adds the tri spoke ring, as on the OP's Skyrider, and the star ring. The '63 ad just shows the tri spoke, and the '65 ads show the star ring as well as the snowflake! It's all pretty confusing. I think the star was first used around '59.
Thanks so much for looking up that information. Looks like a Duke's Mixture when it comes to OG chainrings...

Back