When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AMF Skyrider

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Oilit

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
So I'm looking at this Skyrider on FBM, it looks like maybe a 1959, and I notice that it doesn't say "Roadmaster" anywhere on the bike. These are the only two pictures in the listing.
1655472605451.png

1655472635304.png

Interesting that it has the Shelby sprocket too...
At some point AMF was making the Shelby bikes as well. At least I have (what I remember as a 54) Shelby with AMF seatpost decal. Haven't looked at it in a while though. Can't remember it saying made in Cleveland, OH, but maybe it was Little Rock, Arkansas as well.

Interesting that it has the Shelby sprocket too...
At some point AMF was making the Shelby bikes as well. At least I have (what I remember as a 54) Shelby with AMF seatpost decal. Haven't looked at it in a while though. Can't remember it saying made in Cleveland, OH, but maybe it was Little Rock, Arkansas as well.
I've got a '54 Shelby, and it says "Cleveland" on the head badge so I think AMF moved them to Cleveland after they bought them. This bike says "Little Rock" on the head badge so it's a safe guess that's where it was built. It just struck me as odd that this one doesn't say "Roadmaster" (or "Shelby" either), just "Skyrider". I think this one looks better than the catalog version.

Back