When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

amf

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
FYI, the last 'tank' bikes, before the repops, were very early '70s middleweights. They weren't very popular by that time, and the 'extras', like racks and tanks began to disappear. Fenders were shortened, head badges became decals.

FYI, the last 'tank' bikes, before the repops, were very early '70s middleweights. They weren't very popular by that time, and the 'extras', like racks and tanks began to disappear. Fenders were shortened, head badges became decals.
I have a couple of a.m.f. transition period bikes. They really started to cheapen out by the late 60's early 70's. TOO bad for sales Still nice looking bikes. Ride On. Razin.

I never had an a.m.f. plate, But would run a L.A.F. plate when i was living in indiana just to piss off the cops. Cheaper then running expired tags. Ride on. Razin.

I have a couple of a.m.f. transition period bikes. They really started to cheapen out by the late 60's early 70's. TOO bad for sales Still nice looking bikes. Ride On. Razin.
I think the imports from Asia were really starting to eat into their market by then, and the AMF answer was to "cut costs", i.e. abandon quality control. Or maybe it was just poor management. A.M.F. R.I.P.

Back