When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AMP Research

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Pauliemon

Finally riding a big boys bike
My son called the other day and said, "hey dad do you want my old mountain bike?".
20180302_205225.jpg
20180302_205144.jpg

20180302_204815.jpg
20180302_204854.jpg

20180302_205017.jpg

I remember seeing those new in the Mountain Bike Action Magazines back in the day. I always liked the was they looked.
The Syncros Stem, and Blue Easton Seatpost are also pretty cool. I wonder if the break booster is a early Paul.

Reactions: JLF
I remember seeing those new in the Mountain Bike Action Magazines back in the day. I always liked the was they looked.
The Syncros Stem, and Blue Easton Seatpost are also pretty cool. I wonder if the break booster is a early Paul.
I sold them for a while. They were a little flexy but worth the trade off. The post is a Ringle' Easton. QRs are Salsa and yes a Paul brake booster. I put some heavy parts on it trying to slow my son down. He had been riding a Alpine Stars hardail and all the sudden started kicking my butt. Lucky for me he got his driver's license. After that he gave up mountain biking for girls.

I remember back in the 90s one of the local bike shops had a new AMP fork hanging on the wall for sale. I am sure it was partially carbon-fiber. I do not think anyone ever bought it. It was just too weird and pricey for most people in an era when Rock Shocks and Manitou and Marozocchi were pumping out tons of forks that were cheaper and worked well.

I remember back in the 90s one of the local bike shops had a new AMP fork hanging on the wall for sale. I am sure it was partially carbon-fiber. I do not think anyone ever bought it. It was just too weird and pricey for most people in an era when Rock Shocks and Manitou and Marozocchi were pumping out tons of forks that were cheaper and worked well.
I hear that! The AMP fork really worked well with the AMP frame and the AMP frame really well with the AMP fork. After that, nodda. I started selling Dagger frames that used a conventional front Easton triangle with a AMP rear end. You could run a Rock Shock or Manitou without the AMP geometry. Horst told me he had a proto 11" travel AMP fork for MX that was to costly to produce.

Last edited:
Horst Leitner also designed the ATK motocross bike snd the extended tailgate to name a few.

I still have a AMP fork kicking around here someplace. Thinking about modding the legs to fit 700c wheels and disc brakes and building a street bomber / commuter .

Back