When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

An 0ld Monark super twin.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Motobike1940

Look Ma, No Hands!
I lucked into this cool old bike. It's been hidden away in an old bicycle shop in Chicago for the last 40 years. I really don't know too much about it. I just thought it was really smokin. Now I own it and would like to know what I have.
I will supply pics. What is it missing? Is it original and correct? Does anyone out there have parts? Any information would be welcome. Paperwork, manuals, ads? Thanks, Eric 1400768

I lucked into this cool old bike. It's been hidden away in an old bicycle shop in Chicago for the last 40 years. I really don't know too much about it. I just thought it was really smokin. Now I own it and would like to know what I have.
I will supply pics. What is it missing? Is it original and correct? Does anyone out there have parts? Any information would be welcome. Paperwork, manuals, ads? Thanks, EricView attachment 1400768
View attachment 1400768
phone numbers for monark super twin parts and or repairs Roger 248-953-8768 / Ted415-250-7279 / John913-226-6134 These three have helped me with a super twin that I have thanks D Miller 360-910-4704

Nice find, beautiful original. Easy light cleanup on that if you choose to. Not sure if I would though.

Anyone out there know what size, or brand spark plug a 1949 monark super twin motor bike should have? Opposed 2 cylinder engine. It came with a champion J-8 in front. The rear had a champion H-10.

From what I can see,you need a flywheel cover and a backing plate,air cleaner, choke rod and knob and a gas line.Need more pictures to help you any more.I can help you with some of these parts.

From what I can see,you need a flywheel cover and a backing plate,air cleaner, choke rod and knob and a gas line.Need more pictures to help you any more.I can help you with some of these parts.
Thanks for the reply. I definitely can use any appropriate parts that I am missing. The fuel tank is very clean inside. However, it does not have the tabs to mount it on the frame. I do have a beautiful fiberglass copy of the flywheel cover. Choke rod and knob are a must. I still would like to know what sparkplug this takes. My dad used to sell lawnmowers. OMC and they were J-8. Also are the plug wires a side mount configuration? I will send pictures as well.

Back