When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

An Alexander Rocket Bike

-
How did you acquire such a rare bike? Is there a story to it or did I miss that?

A couple months ago I did a search on The Cabe and read all the threads related to Alexander Rocket bikes. There was a thread in 2015 called: Alexander Paris Texas Rocket Bicycle Count off.
http://thecabe.com/forum/threads/al...-post-your-bad-boy-here-for-all-to-see.77076/
One of the posts was a picture of three frames on the ground (two boys and one girls). Anyway I called the fellow Caber, who posted the image, and asked if he would sell one. After some thought he agreed to pass the bicycle on to me to which I am very grateful.

Can you post your findings? Or the link?

From my research, there was a small fire in 1946 caused by gasoline fumes but not much damage was done. In 1974 there was a significant fire to Alexander's building (this was after his death). Likely the later fire affected a group of bicycles, including my example, that were then purchased by a Cabe member in 1985.

Just got the Rocket back from Aaron @ratrodz this week. It took weeks to free the lucky 7 seat post.

IMG_6056.JPG

IMG_6072.JPG

Back