When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

An Alexander Rocket Bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
How did you acquire such a rare bike? Is there a story to it or did I miss that?

A couple months ago I did a search on The Cabe and read all the threads related to Alexander Rocket bikes. There was a thread in 2015 called: Alexander Paris Texas Rocket Bicycle Count off.
http://thecabe.com/forum/threads/al...-post-your-bad-boy-here-for-all-to-see.77076/
One of the posts was a picture of three frames on the ground (two boys and one girls). Anyway I called the fellow Caber, who posted the image, and asked if he would sell one. After some thought he agreed to pass the bicycle on to me to which I am very grateful.

Can you post your findings? Or the link?

From my research, there was a small fire in 1946 caused by gasoline fumes but not much damage was done. In 1974 there was a significant fire to Alexander's building (this was after his death). Likely the later fire affected a group of bicycles, including my example, that were then purchased by a Cabe member in 1985.

Just got the Rocket back from Aaron @ratrodz this week. It took weeks to free the lucky 7 seat post.

IMG_6056.JPG

IMG_6072.JPG

Back