When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

An alternative to D cells in our horns and lights...

-

Saving Tempest

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I don't know anywhere else at the moment that sells these but RITE AID PHARMACIES may carry battery adaptor sleeves that carry AA cells and the package costs about $4.50 at my Rite Aid.

In the past they have had D adaptors for C batteries, and while dollar stores around here carry 3-packs of regular and heavy duty C/D cells you can get large packs of AA/AAAs really cheap and in regular, heavy duty and alkaline which make it somewhat of a bargain, especially if it's harder to find the vintage battery types.

I didn't have enough time to look at the package the last time I was there but I intend to buy some and report back. Meanwhile if you spot them I'm sure all of us would love to here from you.

The Rite Aid brand is Home Trends and the adaptors and packaging are white with the logo. You would find them in the section with batteries, memory sticks, recordable CD and DVD blanks, at my store near the counter at the front.

I'm sure there are other brands and places to find them, please let us know.

A lot less capacity, but more convenient and might be a great idea for rechargeables.

Back