When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

An amazing bike, an amazing guy, and not a bad story either....

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Greg M.

Finally riding a big boys bike
After hearing about a mutual freind ( Dave Larson, Mr. No tanks, no thanks ) getting a Ranger Autocycle by riding his vintage bike to the local car cruise night, Wes Pinchot aka The Fender Doctor ( and also a great lock guy! ) rode his original paint 1941 Autocycle Super DeLuxe to HIS local cruise night over the summer. And wouldn't you know it, a guy walks up to Wes and says: " I have that same bike hanging in my garage. It used to be my Dad's." I could just imagine the grin on Wes's face when he got this news. After only a few short months of talking with one of the three sons of the original owner, Wes was able to purchase the bike. The bike was a gift to the father on his 15th birthday. It has only 237 miles on it and still has the original U.S. Royal Master Centiped Grip W/W tires showing a lot of age, but hardly any tread wear. The bike looks to never been apart since new and is only missing one glass lens. Wes knew how I felt about the bike and the importance of keeping the history of this bike intact and wanting to keep it long term. I figured it would be quite a number of years before I got the call, but Wes already has his hands full keeping himself and his wife healthy as well as all the time he donates to his church and various local functions, his kids and grandkids, not to mention working on his 1941 that he wants to get completed to bring to Ann Arbor to show this year. ( Don't forget the fender and lock service too! )
When Wes told me that he finally bought the bike, I told him that he won the " Schwinn lottery ", and now I feel I've also won.
Thanks again to Wes for letting me take care of this bike for the next few decades. ( God willing )
And one of the best parts about the story is that these bikes are still out there!
Thanks,

Greg M.

Autocycle 003.JPG

Autocycle 004.JPG

Autocycle 006.JPG

Autocycle 008.JPG

Autocycle 078.JPG

Last edited:
That is 100 percent beautiful. Wow

Thanks for sharing. I love these stories they really keep us going.

Hopefully I will get to meet Wes some day he sounds like another great guy in the hobby.

Vintage2wheel
714-585-6183 voice/txt
[email protected]
Like our Facebook page
Search
Vintage2wheel

Last edited:
Beautiful Bike, wonderful story

I really like seeing these kind of things happen. An amazing bike, generous people, and a new owner
who will value the bike for it's history and not just as a commodity.
Good luck to all involved.......................Wayne

score!!!

Guess ill start ridding mine around the car shows!.. Question.. How are the lights attached? I thought those lights attached to the sides of the springer with the as bolts?

Congratulations Greg! It couldn't have happend to a nicer collector. You deserve it! And props to Wes for passing it along.

So I guess calling dibs on the lights and speedo would be a little tasteless? kidding...LOL...glad it was saved by people that appreciate a fine find...good job guys

Back