When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

An amazing bike, an amazing guy, and not a bad story either....

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!
I collect Schwinn tank bikes, that there is my dream bike!!! I LOVE original paint bikes, and that one is NICE!!! I am 28 so I have time to find one like that I guess. There is a weekly car show down the road from me, I'm going to take my Schwinns there. Heck I'll load them up in my SUV and take them to all the shows!!!
Thank you for sharing this great story. And if you choose to sell it to a younger (well I don't know your age) collector who will keep it, share it, and RIDE IT! please let me know. I know it will be 100 years, but I'll be waiting!

low miles

He musta only road it fer a year!!.. 16th bday rolled around and parents got him a Ford convertible. How much was this new in 41and what does that convert to in todays money?

Last edited:
Thank you...

Thanks for all the nice comments.
Wes deserves all the "props" for this one.
It really is a special bike that has survived better than most over the years.
Can't wait to ride her!

Greg M.

Just wanted to refresh this thread as Dave has since posted pictures of his Ranger Autocycle.
Thanks again to Dave and Wes.
Keep looking, these bikes are out there!

Greg M.

i have chased and looked at bikes for years and will say i have never been lucky enough to find such a treasure. as i have become a member of the over the hill club i would probably have a heart attack if said seller open the garage and something like that was hanging there waiting for me. the story was above nice what else could you say. thank you for sharing

Back