When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

An Historic Project

-
Is that just my imagination, or does this bike sport the elusive "Aerocycle" front hub?

I just put a hub like that on my '34 Admiral. Huh, to think I actually have something valuable. Who'd a thought?....

Looking forward to seeing the bike. bri.

unfortunately, I think that it does. so, instead of being just an old hub, now it's going to be and Aerocycle hub...Drat you Schwinn guys!!!

Wow! did you just say that high end Huffmans and Schwinns are on the same level equipment wise as the middle Silverkings???:eek::eek::rolleyes:

I'm not saying... I'm just saying...

Actually not the middle, it's the lowest end base model Silver King the lowly M5 :o

I'm calling Mythbusters on this one.
Myth... Aerocycle parts expensive because they're special...MYTH BUSTED!!!

While doing some searching on Musselman hubs, I came across an ebay auction from bicyclebones who stated in his ad:

"Musselman is known as a Cadillac of bicycle hubs and was used on ALL the major Deluxe Bicycles."

And I did find some stampings on the rear hub that I was wondering about. From bicyclebones again:

"The initials of the technician who built each hub is stamped in the hub and this one is stamped DO"

How it got on a low end Silver King? The catalogs say you can specify what brand you want when you order.

Conclusion: Musselmans were put on Major Deluxe bicycles... and low end Silver Kings if you wanted them.;)

An Update At Last!

I was recently gifted another 1934 Huffman project. it has many mixed parts at this time but I thought I'd post a couple photos. the original project should also be along pretty shortly.

IMG_1899_CR2_zpsb915d103-1.jpg

IMG_1901_CR2_zps03705957-1.jpg

Back