When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

An Homage' to Eileen Sheridan.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Eileen is still with us at the grand age of 97!

There is a wonderful short film (21 minutes) called "Come on, Eileen!" available on the Vimeo website.
I highly recommend it!

I'll see if I can find a Hercules catalogue with an E.S. model in it.

In the 1955 'Rotrax' catalogue, they were even offering an Eileen Sheridan ladies cycling shoe, amongst pretty esteemed company......

I'm guessing that your mudguard @Schwinny may have originally been from this model, which seems to have been available for one year only.
This 'Autograph' model only appears in the 1953 catalogue.....

...prices were as follows, effective from autumn '52.....

(Images from V-CC library).

Wow, ! Thanks for that.
Only two Kestrel offerings higher priced. Notice also it is a girls framed model.... hmmmf
In the rest of the offerings you could have any color you wanted as long as it was drab.
I hope no-one comes to me with one of these bikes and needs a mudguard. This one has been chopped and channeled. I dont have the "new type" front one.
How do these things get to Arizona?

Oh,..... and put me on the list for a Kestrel Super Club

6286272312_9704b0c99b_b.jpg

Last edited:
Hercules were the biggest British exporters to the States at one time I believe, hence their relatively common appearances in this forum.
I'll keep an eye out for that 'Kestrel Super Club', make mine a 'Lapwing'!

Back