When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

An Homage' to Eileen Sheridan.

-

Schwinny

I live for the CABE
Rubbing an old set of "mudguards" this past week and like a rubbing from an old grave stone, an image from the past appeared. You couldn't see or read it clearly when I first cleaned the guard but you you tell it was there, and after getting it ready for painting and its new life, this cool stamping appeared.
This fender was probably off of an Eileen Sheridan model of Hercules is what I can imagine. Googling it, I didn't see one right off hand, but I did get her Biography and it is fairly impressive.
Wikipedia doesn't mention her death so I imagine she may still be alive. I put a link to the Wiki page below if someone wants to read up on her, it is some interesting reading. She was / is very accomplished female cyclist from the 1940's/50's with records that still stand today.
Notice that she is not pictured with any "Ladies" Framed Bikes. I soooo wonder if the Eileen Sheridan model this fender came off of was a mans or ladies framed bike.

Last edited:
Rubbing an old set of "mudguards" this past week and like a rubbing from an old grave stone, an image from the past appeared. You couldn't see or read it clearly when I first cleaned the guard but you you tell it was there, and after getting it ready for painting and its new life, this cool stamping appeared.
This fender was probably off of an Eileen Sheridan model of Hercules is what I can imagine. Googling it, I didn't see one right off hand, but I did get her Biography and it is fairly impressive.
Wikipedia doesn't mention her death so I imagine she may still be alive. I put a link to the Wiki page below if someone wants to read up on her, it is some interesting reading. She was / is very accomplished female cyclist from the 1940's/50's with records that still stand today.
Notice that she is not pictured with any "Ladies" Framed Bikes.

View attachment 1487980

View attachment 1487981

View attachment 1487982

Notice that she is not pictured with any "Ladies" Framed Bikes.

View attachment 1487980

View attachment 1487981

View attachment 1487982

View attachment 1487983
It is so cool with a little TLC how a bike reveals its “secrets”. ❤️

You know..... I noticed that also, and looked all around to verify she was on a Hercules as well as wearing all Hercules Merchandise. I didn't think of it as her Monogram.
As you know Hercules and most all of the other English Companies have their own Monogram on their light brackets. I was thinking.... "why did someone put a Sunbeam bracket on there?"
Ha !! :)

I'd like to get a good look around at that Hercules Maestro.

Back