When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

An interesting perspective.

-

cyclingday

I'm the Wiz, and nobody beats me!
I just got this 1929 Chicago Cycle Supply catalog, and one item caught my eye.

The “Popular Swastika Bell”
Lucky Charm?
Uh, Huh!

The image has been around for 100s of years. Long before it was co-opted by a hate group and turned evil. It was used in all kinds of advertising in the USA up to WW 2. Coca-Cola used it. The native Indians used it. Sadly all it means now is hate. Prior to WW 2 there was also a US Army regiment, that used the image on a patch. On their uniforms!

Last edited:
The image has been around for 100s of years. Long before it was co-opted by a hate group and turned evil. It was used in all kinds of advertising in the USA up to WW 2. Coca-Cola used it. The native Indians used it. Sadly all it means used the image on a patch. ow is hate. Prior to WW 2 there was also a US Army regiment, that used the image on a patch. On their uniforms!
THAT RIGHT

I read
The image has been around for 100s of years. Long before it was co-opted by a hate group and turned evil. It was used in all kinds of advertising in the USA up to WW 2. Coca-Cola used it. The native Indians used it. Sadly all it means used the image on a patch. ow is hate. Prior to WW 2 there was also a US Army regiment, that used the image on a patch. On their uniforms!
Among other places that symbol was found in the ruins of a buddist temple in Mongolia. I think it may be thousands of years old. I think we should take it back and restore its meaning and not let a racist hate group have it.

Back