When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

An interesting perspective.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Ya'd think one o' them space lasers that's been in the news lately woulda' taken that building out by now.
Look it up, the Navy was/is/did put lipstick on that building to hide the design.

Look it up, the Navy was/is/did put lipstick on that building to hide the design.
Article implies design flaw was revealed after the advent of Google Maps. Did they not think passing aircraft wouldn't noticed it?
Architects knew what they were designing, and so did the slew of others that had to review and approve the plans!
Half baked explanation!

Last edited:
I believe that more than 1 naval base used that same design. I believe that the open like horse shoe design, and compact derivatives (4 each), was thought to be more disease resistant compared to a 4-sided square.

I read

Among other places that symbol was found in the ruins of a buddist temple in Mongolia. I think it may be thousands of years old. I think we should take it back and restore its meaning and not let a racist hate group have it.
That would be hard to do. I read somewhere that there were a number of German-American families in the U.S. with the surname "Hitler" in the '30's. By 1945, they had changed the name.

It's still used as a good luck symbol in India.
I did some work at a Hare Krishna temple in the UK about 8 years ago and purchased a cake from their cafe at lunchtime that featured a Swastika on the top.

Back