When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

An interesting perspective.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I could use a bell or two. Not sure I want to have to explain that I'm not in favor of white supremacy or the Nazi party every other bike ride. As for the building it seems like a good use of the space available. 4 separate courtyards with good wind blockage and an open space between for ease of access. Can't exactly paint 2 of the roofs black or the buildings would be harder to cool inside. ALICE]
Oh, pardon me
But Mister Three
Why must you paint them red?

[THREE OF CLUBS, spoken]
Well the fact is, Miss, we planted the white roses by mistake!
And -

[THE CARDS]
The queen
She likes them red
If she saw white instead
She'd raise her voice
And each of us would quickly lose his head!
Since this is the thought we dread
We're painting the roses red!

[ALICE, spoken]
Oh, dear, then let me help you!

74X1Krr.gif

I think this subject has cropped up before on The Cabe in reference to bells.
Thread 'For Whom The Bell Tolls' https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/for-whom-the-bell-tolls.94216/
Consider it in the same context as the St. Christopher design so popular on bells from France and other European countries.
It's a good luck symbol.
Look at this image of a giant banner from the Dra Yerpa monastery in Tibet (this artwork was probably destroyed during Chairman Mao's "cultural revolution")......

This shows both the Swastika (clockwise pointing) and Saurastika (anti-clockwise) versions of the symbol in the bottom left corner of the image.
The symbol denotes Buddha's heart (and mind) in traditional Tibetan art.
It is evidently an ancient image and you also have a version in indigenous art from the southwest of the USA.....

Last edited:
I know of a building that was built in 1916 that has the symbol through out as plaster decor for tops of door ways and beam decoration etc. Funny thing when the soldiers returned from WWII, they held their end of war dance/celebration event there. Wonder what the feeling was among them......must not have been too bad as none of them were destroyed or marred etc. Of course they were mostly local boys who grew up with them and knew they had no negative meaning when the building was erected.

Back