When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

And what about this chainwheel?

-

mongeese

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Cranks are stamped Schwinn 36 and I believe the wheel
IMG_7793.JPG
is older.

Why do you think the chainwheel is older than the crank? Does the chainwheel fit on the drive pin of the crank? The crank looks like the one in the catalogue picture. That catalogue was for 1922. Hyslop liked to use the phrase "manufactured in Canada" but they were not a large operation like CCM and I know they sourced many parts from the US. For example, my c.1916 Hyslop has New Departure hubs and Lobdell rims. You say the crank is stamped Schwinn? That is very interesting to me so I'd love to know if the chainwheel goes with the crank. The number 36 may not refer to the year. Can you post a photo of that Schwinn stamp? I might take apart my c.1916 Hyslop crank and see if it has the same stamp.
HyslopMens4.jpg

IMG_7800.JPG
IMG_7801.JPG
ThAnks Brian. Some great info there. And I found the Hyslop crank that goes with that chainwheel.

Great! I can't see the "Schwinn 36" stamp. Is it script or a symbol? Can you explain where it is?

The schwinn crank pictured here was not original to the chainwheel. I must of just placed the crank on there for storage and went through my pike and found the Hyslop separate. It is an exact match to the photos you posted.
IMG_7802.JPG

IMG_7801.JPG

Back