When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

And what about this chainwheel?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Ah, I get it now, thanks. I was surprised at the possibility Hyslop could be sourcing parts from Schwinn. I was expecting maybe Fauber or Davis.
Where did you get it from? - or where do you think it came from, Canada or the US?

Golden Indian, I've seen that chainwheel on Simmons bikes before in other threads (but had forgotten), which increased/confirmed my suspicion that Hyslop imported that crankset and called it their own. Who do you think made it? I see you're a Davis fan, do you think Davis made it? ....Fauber?

It is in the Simmons catalog. Off the top of my head I thought it was a fauber....I’ll have to look to see if I can find that ad...
6E4F6AC5-B4CB-4537-BA4D-47F116529B5C.jpeg

Ken, have you noticed there's a slight ghost image of a badge on your truss frame? Have you tried to match it up with known Hyslop badges or other likely suspects?

Hmmm..... No I have not. Hyslop, as far as I know, never made a truss frame model. This bike was bought in the US.

Back