When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

And what about this chainwheel?

-
Ah, I get it now, thanks. I was surprised at the possibility Hyslop could be sourcing parts from Schwinn. I was expecting maybe Fauber or Davis.
Where did you get it from? - or where do you think it came from, Canada or the US?

Golden Indian, I've seen that chainwheel on Simmons bikes before in other threads (but had forgotten), which increased/confirmed my suspicion that Hyslop imported that crankset and called it their own. Who do you think made it? I see you're a Davis fan, do you think Davis made it? ....Fauber?

It is in the Simmons catalog. Off the top of my head I thought it was a fauber....I’ll have to look to see if I can find that ad...
6E4F6AC5-B4CB-4537-BA4D-47F116529B5C.jpeg

Ken, have you noticed there's a slight ghost image of a badge on your truss frame? Have you tried to match it up with known Hyslop badges or other likely suspects?

Hmmm..... No I have not. Hyslop, as far as I know, never made a truss frame model. This bike was bought in the US.

Back