When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

And what does your work space look like? THE BIKE SHOP...YOURS!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
okokok...but even monkeys can take pictures these days look...

Hey SJ,Its bad,its real bad.

I dont have a camera.

seing is believing brother...bahahaha

Attachments

• MonkeyCamera_answer_2_xlarge.jpg
    MonkeyCamera_answer_2_xlarge.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 316
It should be illegal for some to own that many bikes. Some of you have more square footage in your basement than I have in my whole house for Pete's sake! :confused:

Whos shop is this??

Anyone out there recognize this shop?? Its way cool!!

Attachments

• 5352831765_8193168148_b.jpg
    5352831765_8193168148_b.jpg
    471.3 KB · Views: 385
Dennisons bike shop East Side LA

I found these pictures in a google search. Opened in 1941!! Oh wow if the walls can talk..... anyone in the Southern California area know if this place is still open?? I tried calling the shop but no one answered. There is tonage in there according to the last pic....and notice the vintage old school sign in the display cabinet...its glowing in there and the old light up light isnt even on....lol

Attachments

• lrmp_1008_17_o+dennisons_cyclery+bike_shop.jpg
    lrmp_1008_17_o+dennisons_cyclery+bike_shop.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 377
  • lrmp_1008_08_o+dennisons_cyclery+old_photo.jpg
    lrmp_1008_08_o+dennisons_cyclery+old_photo.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 369
  • lrmp_1008_11_o+dennisons_cyclery+bike_shop.jpg
    lrmp_1008_11_o+dennisons_cyclery+bike_shop.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 379
  • l.jpg
    l.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 399
Last edited:
I found these pictures in a google search. Opened in 1941!! Oh wow if the walls can talk..... anyone in the Southern California area know if this place is still open?? I tried calling the shop but no one answered. There is tonage in there according to the last pic....and notice the vintage old school sign in the display cabinet...its glowing in there and the old light up light isnt even on....lol

I believe that shop was on Laurel Canyon or around there. I tried to get the Schwinn sign but no luck. Closed down
many many years ago if it's the same shop. It was right near the railroad tracks at Chandler.

Hope this helps >

That room would look fantastic with some lighting! Nice Track collection!!!

Yes, you're right!! It would look much nicer if I could just find the time to restore the
room the way it should be. Like tear down the wood panel and do the lighting would
be a huge improvement. This is my guest house and is twice the size as the pic. I'm
restoring my house first which has been a ten year project up till now. Almost done
then I'll jump to this space and try to come up with something. One day!!!!

EL CAJON California SCHWINN SHOP BEFORE AND AFTER...

Ah yes those were the days....before and after pics of the same shop. El Cajon (L-kah-hon) people had it good....love that its an adult shop...lol

Attachments

• SchwinnShop-1.jpg
    SchwinnShop-1.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 351
  • ElCajonby11_27.jpg
    ElCajonby11_27.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 343
Bike church - santa cruz

Transportation|July 14, 2008|by Amelia Timbers

Bicycling Cooperatives Enhance Community

As bicycling gains popularity in these days of exorbitant gas prices, more and more communities are springing up around this ultra-efficient mode of transportation. Bicycle repair cooperatives, for example, are growing in urban centers, serving to create bicycling communities and educating people about fixing and modifying their bicycles. Cooperatives in Santa Cruz and San Francisco, California offer access to classes, tools and parts for low membership fees.

Bicycling culture is community-based, cooperative and altruistic; people often get very “into” bicycling once they start because they enjoy the community and identity that is available to bicyclers. This was especially true when oil was cheap and bicycling was a lifestyle choice that reflected environmental, sustainable values. The bicycling community is being nurtured by an array of different types of creative organizations that promote cooperating to get more people bicycling and saving money.

Many cities, like Santa Cruz’s Bike Church and San Francisco’s Bike Kitchen, are growing tool cooperatives. In this model, an organization trades membership fees or nominal up-front payment for access to accumulated used and new parts and the expertise of mechanics or equally expert fellow bikers. In Santa Cruz’s Bike Church, there are a few professional bike mechanics lending a hand, but most of the people who go there are avid bike enthusiasts who can answer questions just as ably. A homeless man taught me how to replace the innertube on my bicycle.

These organizations take advantage of the teach-a-man-to-fish idea to turn people into bike experts who can then help the co-ops grow by assisting more newbies. Bike-friendly cities and cities that house a university often have tool- cooperative organizations like The Bike Church, though they do tend to fly under the proverbial radar. It is best to inquire about them with a local bicycle shop.

On the east coast, Worcester Earn-a-Bike, from whom I purchased a beautiful vintage Cannondale, employs local urban youth, trains them to fix bikes (equipping them with a marketable skill), then pays them in bicycles they build themselves. This strategy helps kids gain expertise, while providing them with a wholesome after-school activity as well as a way to earn a means of transportation.

"Bicycling is human scale -- a living, breathing alternative to the city's domination by motor vehicles, said bicycling advocate Charles Komanoff. "There is magic in blending with traffic, feeling the wind in one's face, the sheer fact of traversing the city under one's own power."

Attachments

• bike_church.jpg
    bike_church.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 356
  • DSC05541.jpg
    DSC05541.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 335
Last edited:
Back