When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

And what does your work space look like? THE BIKE SHOP...YOURS!

-
The wright brothers had a simple looking shop

I was looking at google images the othe day and saw a photograph of the Wright Brothers bicycle shop. it was so simple and the lighting was pretty bright. Ill see if i can get a pic posted on here soon.

Attachments

• wright.jpg
    wright.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 549
Last edited:
Like the suits and aprons. The workstand looks like something off a cobbler's bench. Is that a pinup calendar on the wall?

Really try to imagine working with your hands all day, standing on a cement floor..... while wearing a suit! And vest, and a starched white button down, and leather soled dress shoes. :eek:
WOW!

Those must have been the days. I bet they spoke as elegant as they dressed and must have been well respected members of their community too. Did they have pin up ladies in those times....I can't make out the year on the calendar...too blurry. I wonder who was the genious that took this photograph...its so classy. Aprons had to be number one on their list. Messy as bikes can be. I love this pic

Dad gave me a solid 1/4 of the pole barn to work in. Some stuff hanging, some shelving for parts, other complete bikes scattered among the cars.

DSCF3487-1.jpg

DSCF3488-1.jpg

DSCF3489-1.jpg

Man thats a good size shop there...the space is just simply amazing. Some guys have all the luck. LOL.. A bicycle person could get lost in his/her projects for days with all that room. Heavenly..by the way what is the story on the wheel with the green material on the floor? I've never seen that....soaking/cleaning technique? Do share if you can share insider tips.....thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
Ha, yeah, I find myself out there for 8 hours at a time during the summer (the perks of being a full-time college student). Usually I try to keep only one bike in its upside-down state at a time but things happen and projects get stuck in a stalemate sometimes.. Park stand is on its way though!

And yes! the mysterious green vat is my rim soaker. It's a 24" water heater drain pan filled with clear oxalic acid. When I first got it, the rust that came off in the acid ate its way through the bottom of the pan so I awkwardly lined it with a green foam padding of some sort and its held thusfar.

My space is a 10x20 single car garage but I make it work.

I see you have a few nice schwinns in the collection...schweet! ..lol ...by the way what did you use to hang your bikes. Just curious that is a small space for all the good stuff. Looks sturdy. I like the First picture you posted looks mystical like...heaven like. Nice set up

Back