When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

And what does your work space look like? THE BIKE SHOP...YOURS!

-

SJ_BIKER

Riding a 41 Super Deluxe
With so many bike collectors and buyers of all things bicycle on this site...i'm wondering what your work space looks like....Is it a work of art?....a shop with cool style, a vintage man cave with all the retro oozzing from the shop walls, Technical sci fi gadgets everywhere, Hippie heavenly layout, 1980s vintage gear galore, more chaos than your local occupy movement....but you know where the pedal wrench is under all the heap....come on ladies & gents, lets see it....add a pic or 5, so we can see your gem of shop that is all yours....how your personality developed it inch by inch.

Below you will see the shop where i work at on my free time...it was a mess one day and got tired of mulling around looking for stuff so i decided to organize...its a work in progress, but here is the before and after pics nonetheless....please share...im always wanting to see how much inspiration i can get from others ideas...and for all who want to get a little organized as well....or have yet to set up their dream shop....please share

DSC06376.JPG

DSC06706.JPG

MVC-970S.JPG

Last edited:
With so many bike buys on this site...im wondering what your space looks like? A work of art of a shop with cool style, a vintage man cave with all the retro ozzing from the walls, Technical sci fi gadgets everywhere, Hippie heavenly layout, 1980s vintage gear galore, more chaos than your local occupy movement....but you know where the pedal wrench is under all the heap....come on fellows lets see it....add a pic so we can see your gem of shop that is all yours....how your personality developed it inch by inch.

Art? Personality? MY Shop? LMAO! My projects are the only art work...no girls to speak of, jukebox, etc. My half of the garage is just a few old bikes, some organized tools and parts for my cars, and then...abutsed radio I need to fix or throw away.

Now, my shop in the basement, I am a bit ashamed of...it's not up to my cleanliness standards. :eek:

Art? Personality? MY Shop? LMAO! My projects are the only art work...no girls to speak of, jukebox, etc. My half of the garage is just a few old bikes, some organized tools and parts for my cars, and then...abutsed radio I need to fix or throw away.

Now, my shop in the basement, I am a bit ashamed of...it's not up to my cleanliness standards. :eek:

yeah i hear that. My work space is cluttered at the moment with bare bone frames on the side, old stiff diamond chains on the tool rack, vw door panels laying around begging to be put back in the car, a 55 vw bug door with seized hinges in the corner, my bike stand is covered with hand rags, pay bay boxes ready to ship the parts, fire truck toys displayed in a cabinet, couple of pedal cars collecting more dust than the local cement factory, a blue desk i got free at the side of the road has knick nacks all over with no rhyme or reason, two schwinns built up with mix matched parts on the main floor.....and the list goes on...id like to fix it up a bit as i dont like the messiness.

Last edited:
My bicycle workspace

Here are some pictures of my workspace. I have two basements under my house. I built the house new 23 years ago, and I made a huge two part basement
for my art and sign studio. Now, it is almost exclusively my bicycle work area. When I was young, I had so much stuff, but as time went by I realized that all that stuff was really stressing me out whenever I had to do a project. So, I sold things, threw out things, and made myself an area where I could peacefully do my projects. I built storage closets, painted the walls & trim, and organized almost everything. Now, I can repair or restore a bike and actually be so relaxed in this environment. The first five pictures are the shop, the last three are the second half of the basement that I still have to deal with. Thanks for looking...................Wayne

IMG_0603.JPG

IMG_0604.JPG

IMG_0605.JPG

IMG_0606.JPG

IMG_0607.JPG

IMG_0608.JPG

IMG_0609.JPG

IMG_0610.JPG

Wayne-
I'm afraid that you are going to have to do one of two things. Either fill that basement up to the rafters with bikes, or turn in your bike collectors card! Like you, my sign painting area in the basement at my old house lost out to the bikes.

its cluttered its cozy its just right

All I need to do is organize it a little better. Post some wall art and Sell off some dead weight to open up some more space.

Attachments

• DSC06344.JPG
    DSC06344.JPG
    158.3 KB · Views: 1,421
I really like the layout...

Semi organized clutter is the best I can manage. So much stuff passes through here that it is hard to keep track. I have three workstands and tools in a small area and the rest is filled with bikes.

Less is more they say right. I really like this layout with the brick walls....Its so nostalgic along with the signs, the bikes stand out like Brilliant Gems. Good job on your use of the small space.

Last edited:
Back