When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

And what does your work space look like? THE BIKE SHOP...YOURS!

-
This is the operating room,When i get a chance i will send pictures of the recovery room.
CLEAN SHELBY AND SHOP 006.jpg
CLEAN SHELBY AND SHOP 008.jpg
CLEAN SHELBY AND SHOP 009.jpg
CLEAN SHELBY AND SHOP 010.jpg
CLEAN SHELBY AND SHOP 011.jpg
CLEAN SHELBY AND SHOP 012.jpg
CLEAN SHELBY AND SHOP 013.jpg

How quick the space is taken over by bikes.
I cant even get into my shop now....what was I thinking.
Need an additional shed / workshop...or a new storage building.
a6fbde0c4a6a5d21-1.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Moving to a bigger shop that is underconstruction as we speak. My biggest concern is how to properly do the interior layout for all the needed workspace, shelving, electrical, lighting, storage of the projects and finished ones. Doing a remodel of the workbench and workspace in the future is a worry as I'm sure I will forget a much needed item to make this the last ideal shop layout

I have no choice but, to move to a bigger than 8x15 shop. Granted the newly constructed 12x20 won't be that much larger but the recently erected
8x15 plastic shed had wall hanging storage limitations. Some small loft storage is to be done in this barn style shop.

Any ideas is greatly appreciated.

Here is start of the newest

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
How is the new shed working out for you? I would like to see pics! Specifically interior loft construction.

upper loft pics

This is the rearward section (6' deep) of the upper loft of the shop.
I'm sure everyone is tired of seeing all the pics but, you asked and I feel compeled to post again

The issue is getting the bikes to loft. Walking up the 45 degree angled ladder just isn't safe while carrying a bike.
I have to design a better safer way....some type of pulley lifting system.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

The upper side loft decks is only 3' wide that runs the 20' length of the front and back walls. The premise here was for strage bins with bike parts, and these front and back loft decks, once filled with the bins will not allow walking the length of the loft.
The forward 4' deep loft (over the workbench (also 12' wide) is for storage boxes for shipping bikes and additional storage.
The windows were installed in the side walls is for additional natural daylight penetration.

attachment.php

jd, How about a chain hoist up in the loft? Pretty sure Harbor Freight has relatively affordable versions and you wouldn't need a really heavy duty one since they are just bikes. I'm sure the smallest one would be more than enough.

JD, what I would do up in that loft is get some kind of railing around that opening, I can see a nasty fall happening.

Agreed on railing.

How about master linking a bunch of beater chains together with sprockets/hub at top, lift cable and cradle, and crank with handle at the bottom? :)

*goes back to Rube Goldberg land*

Back